The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Substance Abuse Counseling Program Advisory Council:
- Denise Oguma, HOPE Services HI, Inc.
- Jan-Marie Osorio, Special Events Coordinator, Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, County of Hawai‘i
- Valerie Poindexter, Councilwoman, County of Hawai‘i
- Jasmine Staup, Assistant Supervisor, West Hawai‘i Public Health Nursing
- Hannah Preston-Pita, CEO, Big Island Substance Abuse Council