- All Associate of Science in Nursing and Practical Nursing applicants are required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS ). Information regarding registration, cost, testing dates and times for the TEAS can be found on the TEAS flyer using the "TEAS Flyer 2022-23" link.
- Applicants for both the A.S. in Nursing, and the C.A. in Practical Nursing must submit a printed copy of one set of TEAS test scores to the Nursing & Allied Health Division by January 15.
- Applicants must wait a minimum of 30 days before retaking the TEAS.
- Applicants are also limited to taking the TEAS no more than 3 times per calendar year. Students who have taken the TEAS examination multiple times must select the one set of test scores they would like to include as part of their application.
- Students must have an adjusted individual score or scaled score at the Proficient or higher level to be considered for admission.
- For Fall 2023 admissions, exam results from either the ATI TEAS Version 6 or Version 7 exams will be accepted.
- Purchase of a transcript is necessary if you took the TEAS exam at a different institution than Hawai'i CC. Transcripts may be purchased after completion of testing for $27 at www.atitesting.com. From the home page, click on ""Online Store" then "TEAS/Discover Transcript". Follow the steps to log in and make payment for the transcript. Choose Institution as HI CC ADN or HI CC PN.
- Study material to prepare for or help raise your TEAS score can be found in ATI's Smart Prep for TEAS at http://atitesting.com/teas/