PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Accurately demonstrate entry-level skills in residential, commercial, and industrial electrical installation and maintenance.
- Practice safety on the job and recognize potential hazards.
- Interpret and comply with the National Electrical Code NFPA 70 book and local codes.
- Read and interpret all sections of blueprints and draft electrical circuits.
- Integrate carpentry, masonry, plumbing, and HVACR systems with electrical installation and maintenance.
- Produce take-off lists, perform layout, and install new materials for existing and new projects.
- Think critically, do research, calculate minimum requirements, and solve problems.
- Demonstrate the qualities of an apprentice electrician: positive attitude and behavior, discipline, promptness and attendance, ability to work alone or with others, with cultural awareness, and good communication skills.
- Participate effectively in individual and group decision making.
Proficiency levels in reading, writing and/or mathematics are required to register for some or all of the Program courses:
|SUBJECT AREA||MINIMUM PLACEMENT INTO COURSE|
|Reading||Eng 21 or ESL 21|
- Renee Dela Cruz
- Patrick Pajo
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology Program Advisory Council:
- Troy Haspe, Electrical Inspector,Building Division,Department of Public Works, County of Hawai‘i
- Ross Iwamoto, President-Manager, Iwamoto Electric LLC
- David Kaneshiro, Superintendent, Hawaii Electric
- Dean Oshiro, President, DWE, Inc.
- Tony Smith, Branch Manager,Alpha Electric Supply, Inc.