The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology Program Advisory Council:
- Troy Haspe, Electrical Inspector,Building Division,Department of Public Works, County of Hawai‘i
- Ross Iwamoto, President-Manager, Iwamoto Electric LLC
- David Kaneshiro, Superintendent, Hawaii Electric
- Dean Oshiro, President, DWE, Inc.
- Tony Smith, Branch Manager,Alpha Electric Supply, Inc.