This program is designed for students planning a career in the field of merchandising/marketing. The competency-based curriculum is designed to prepare students for positions such as sales associate, stock clerk, display person, account assistant, assistant buyer, marketing assistant, and assistant manager and to provide basic training for possible advancement to management positions.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Synthesize principles and concepts of marketing in developing a marketing plan.
- Devise marketing campaigns/presentations in diverse formats that are adaptable to different target markets and stakeholders.
- Use customer relationship management strategies within any business or retail organization.
- Use management and organizational behavior principles and skills for any marketing occupation.
- Develop the ability to think strategically as an individual and effective team member.
- Demonstrate work attitude and appearance consistent with professional practices.
- Develop current technology skills and the ability to utilize those skills in real world situations.
- Develop an understanding of evolutionary globalization and the technological advancements associated with the dynamic business environment.
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education began requiring colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices.
The data includes occupations, placement rates, on-time completion rates, average costs and program median loan debt.