Hawai‘i CC’s Phi Theta Kappans Win Big at 2020 Regional Convention
Hawai‘i Community College’s Alpha Psi Epsilon Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society attended the 2020 Pacific Regional Convention at Leeward Community College where they were recognized with chapter and individual awards. These awards included:
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Team: Christopher Foose, Rae Gonzalez, Craig Kekahuna, Nowel Lucas, Gabriel Navalta, and Paul Santoro Jr.
- Distinguished Chapter Officer: Gabriel Navalta
- Distinguished Chapter Advisor Team: Karen Crowell and Kenoalani Dela Cruz
- Regional Coordinator’s Advisor Award: Kenoalani Dela Cruz
- Five Star Chapter Development Status
- REACH Award
- Honors In Action, Theme One Award
- College Project Award
- Pineapple Bowl, 3rd place
To learn more about the new Honors Topic, “To The Seventh Generation: Inheritance and Legacy,” the Phi Theta Kappans were also able to visit ‘Iolani Palace. Mahalo to the Hawai‘i CC Student Government for allocating funds to provide chapter members the opportunity to attend this conference.
Chartered in 1993, Alpha Psi Epsilon and its members represent the top 10% of students enrolled at Hawai‘i CC. Students must earn a 3.5 minimum, cumulative grade point average and 12 credits toward an associate's degree prior to being invited to join the society. Alpha Psi Epsilon members participate in year-round activities that promote the organization's four hallmarks: scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship.