The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Machine, Welding and Industrial Mechanics Technologies Program Advisory Council:
- Leonard Cardoza, Owner, Leonard’s Auto Repair dba Orchid Isle Hauling and Rental
- Mark Devenot, Supervisor, W.M. Keck Observatory
- Russell Iyo, Owner, R&R Machine and Welding
- Steve Kirsch, Industrial Account Manager, Airgas/Gaspro
- Cooper Nakayama, Senior Mechanical Technician, Gemini Observatory
- Brian Ninomoto, President/Owner, Hawaii Sheetmetal and Mechanical, Inc.
- Arnold Tengan, Owner, Hilo Steel Works
- Adam Vandenberg, Machinist, W.M. Keck Observatory
- Matthew Wung, Electronic/Instrumentation Technician, Subaru Observatory