PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, students are prepared to:
- Synthesize principles and concepts of marketing in developing a marketing plan.
- Develop responsive marketing campaigns that adapt to both foreign and domestic markets.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of the marketing and management environment of Hawai'i and offer innovative ideas to develop and sustain said environment.
- Develop current technological skills and be able to utilize said skills in a simulated business environment.
- Communicate an in depth understanding of the diverse needs of the international market through the creation of culturally responsive management plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with a global audience.
- Design an active portfolio that demonstrates an in depth understanding of the principles of advertising up to and including the proper use of color, graphic design, and digital audio production.
- Develop solutions that demonstrate the successful navigation of the current financial and legal business environment.
- Kawaauhau, Donala
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Marketing Program Advisory Council:
- Alia Chocol, Founder and CEO, Helping Hands Concierge LLC
- Chelson DeJesus, Founder and CEO, Messiah Mindset
- Keri Kimura, Social Worker IV, Hawaii State Judiciary