The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Hospitality and Tourism Program Advisory Council:
- Ross Birch, Executive Director, Island of Hawai‘i Visitors Bureau
- Maggie Brown, President, Body Glove Ocean Adventures
- Frecia Cevallos, Tourism Specialist, Department of Research and Development, County of Hawai‘i
- Rick Gaffney, President, Rick Gaffney and Associates, Inc.
- Wendy Laros, Executive Director, Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce
- Mitch Sipiala, Senior Director of Human Resources, Four Seasons Resort at Hualalai