The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Diesel Mechanics Program Advisory Council:
- Kyle Akeo,Technical Communicator, Hawthorne CAT
- Ted Dela Cruz, Technical Communicator, Hawthorne Pacific Corp.
- Noel Foronda, Service Manager, JasW. Glover
- Sam Gray, Owner, Precision Fuel Injection, Inc.
- Kelvin Kohatsu, Fleet Division Director, Hawaiian Electric
- Dennis Rose, Owner, Power Generation Services