Hawai'i CC CARES Report
The University of Hawai‘i, including University of Hawai‘i Hawai‘i Community College, provided emergency financial grants to students in April and May 2020 to address unexpected financial hardships caused by the coronavirus and disruptions to their education and lives. The federal CARES Act supported emergency assistance directly to students who meet federal eligibility requirements.
In response to the challenges presented by COVID-19, Hawai'i Community College has moved classes online for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. Hawai'i Community College is closed to the general public at this time, but still open to students as well as employees essential in supporting our delivery of online classes. UH and Hawai'i CC are committed to supporting you as you complete the academic semester.
Please connect with the services below if you need assistance.
Contact the learning/testing centers below to see what services are being offered and when.
- Paepae 'Ōhua Hawaiian Student Success Center: Tel: (808) 934-2600, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to current students who need assistance with their online classes. We have laptops with video and microphone capabilities, wi-fi access, printing, sew machines, and peer mentors to help support and motivate students. We are open Monday-Thursday from 9 am-3 pm. (excluding holidays).
- Hale Kea Testing Center: (808) 934-2540, Email: Distance Education Testing: email@example.com; All Other Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Learning Center: (808) 934-2530, Email: email@example.com. TLC Services Spring 2020 Flier
- Pālamanui's Library and Learning Center: (808) 969-8830
- UHH Mookini Library: (808) 932-7286, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ko Education Center: (808) 775-8890, Email: email@example.com. Open to current students Monday-Thursday (except holidays).
In compliance with Governor Ige's "stay-at-home" order, the majority of Division of Student Affairs personnel will be working from home, and offices will be closed to in-person traffic. We want to let our community know that we are committed to providing essential services for our students to ensure they are able to complete the semester successfully. Please contact us via email or phone, as listed below, for assistance. Some offices will be available by email while others will have staff present to answer their phones. It is important that you use the email and phone information provided below. Please expect some delay as we adjust to our virtual environment for providing services. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
- Admissions & Records Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Center: email@example.com
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling, Advising & Student Support Center: email@example.com
- Hāʻawi Kōkua (Disabilities Services): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health & Wellness: email@example.com
- Pālamanui - Office of Student Services: (808) 969-8816: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Center, West Hawaii: email@example.com, 808-969-8808
- Kō Education Center: (808) 775-8890
Free Online Tutoring
Tutoring support is available through Tutor.com and online for FREE, 24/7. Students can access Tutor.com through their MyUH portal or by logging in at https://www.hawaii.edu/tutor/. Here are the tutor.com flyers (https://bit.ly/3a5gijS) which guide students through accessing and using Tutor.com resources. Students needing assistance can contact Lisa Fukumitsu at firstname.lastname@example.org.