The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Carpentry Program Advisory Council:
- Dean Au, Business Agent, Carpenter’s Union Local 745
- Brian Brokaw, Operation Manager, HPM
- Mike Gillette, Owner, Gillette Construction
- Raymond Kaaihue, Conctractor Sales, HPM
- Keola Kiyuna, Owner, Keola Kiyuna Construction
- Nathan Osorio, Building Inspector, Department of Public Works, County of Hawai‘i
- Russell Rapoza, Teacher, Kea‘au High School
- Sharon Sakamoto, Project Engineer, Isemoto Contracting Co., Ltd.
- Craig Takamine, General Contractor, Takamine Construction