The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Carpentry Program Advisory Council:
- Daryn Arai, Planning Program Manager, Planning Department, County of Hawai‘i
- Dean Au, Business Agent, Carpenter’s Union Local 745
- Raymond Kaaihue, Outside Sales Representative, HPM Building Supply
- Loki Roque, Contractor Sales, HPM Building Supply
- Sharon Sakamoto, Project Engineer, Isemoto Contracting Co., Ltd.
- Craig Takamine, General Contractor, Takamine Construction