The Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Hawai‘i CC are an integral part of the local community and reflect its day-to-day life. Close cooperation among the faculty, employers, and employees in the community is maintained. One of the most effective formal means of providing for this type of cooperation is the Program Advisory Council. These groups advise their respective programs of training needs and new developments in the field. Councils include employers, alumni, and others knowledgeable about the field.
Agriculture Program Advisory Council:
- Michael DuPonte, Extension Agent, UH Manoa CTAHR
- Reggie Hasegawa, Location Manager, Crop Production Services, CPS
- Erin Lee, Director of Landscape, Hualalai Resort
- William Sakai, Professor of Horticulture, UH Hilo College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resource Management
- David Shiigi, Owner, Bromeliads Hawaii, LLC